Projected Program Timeline
The Epic EHR system will be implemented across BJC and Washington University School of Medicine in a series of go-live events starting in Q2 2017. While the exact details of each go-live are still in development, the sequence of sites have been confirmed.
Many factors were considered in the selection of this timeline - including safety, staffing levels, geographic location, and specific impacts to each facility. While there are pros and cons to any sequencing proposal, leadership is confident this is the best plan to effectively transition all of BJC and WUSM to a single integrated system. We will continue to provide updates as details are finalized.
- BJC Medical Group - A go-live for all practices, Target Date - 06/01/2017
- Faculty Practice Plan (FPP) - A go-live for all FPP sites, Target Date - 6/02/2018
- Memorial Medical Group (MMB) - Go-live in Q4 2018
- Pilot Site - Go-Live for Boone Hospital Center**, Target Date - 08/05/2017
- Community Hospitals - Go-live begins in Q4 2017
- Pod 1 - Christian Hospital (CH), Alton Memorial Hospital (AMH), Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital (BJSPH), Progress West Hospital (PWH). Target Date - 12/02/2017
- Pod 2 - Missouri Baptist Medical Center (MBMC), Parkland Health Center (PHC), Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital (MBSH). Target Date - 02/03/2018
- Academic Hospitals - a single go-live for Barnes Jewish Hospital (BJH), Barnes Jewish-West County (BJWCH) and St. Louis Children’s Hospital (SLCH). Target Date - 06/02/2018
- Memorial Hospital - Belleville (MHB) - Go-live in Q4 2018
* Go-Live dates for BJC Home Care Services, BJC Corporate Health Services, and BJC Behavioral Health in discussion
** Home Health in Columbia, MO will go-live with Boone Hospital Center
For more information on the Epic Program, visit http://epic.wusm.wustl.edu.
Why was Epic Chosen as our Electronic Medical Record Vendor?