The Center of Clayton extends a discounted rate to BJC HealthCare employees. Access to The Center is available through BJC’s affiliation with Washington University School of Medicine at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
The Center of Clayton (50 Gay Avenue, Clayton, Missouri 63105, 314.290.8500, Get a map) offers a comprehensive array of sports, fitness, swimming, recreational, educational and lifestyle-enhancing programs in a 149,000-square-foot facility. Its recently renovated fitness center features state-of-the-art strength equipment, as well as several new cardio pieces.
- Four gymnasiums
- A competition pool
- A leisure pool
- Suspended jogging track
- aerobic and dance areas
- 30-foot climbing wall
- Subway restaurant
- Meeting rooms
Members can participate in:
- Water fitness and group fitness classes for $8 per eight-week session (one day per week)
- Spinning, Zumba and women’s dance fusion classes for $24 per eight-week session
- Pilates, tai chi and yoga for $40 per eight-week session
Family memberships -- offered at the discounted corporate rate for BJC employees -- provide a number of valuable benefits:
- A family membership is less expensive than two adult memberships, and all dependents up to age 25 are included
- A family membership includes discounts on indoor camps and leagues, as well as youth and adult fitness and aquatics programs
- Kids 7-13 have free access to the Youth Activity Center, so they can have fun with attendants playing active games while their parents exercise
- The Center is family-friendly
- Families get access to the Center’s extensive amenities, such as four gyms, a leisure pool with slide, indoor track and climbing wall -- free for members
- A family membership provides big savings for all family members on programs and daily admission
To join, BJC employees must show a recent pay stub to verify employment and a current state identification card.
Two memberships are available to BJC employees:
- Monthly -- Requires a one-time $25 joining fee
- Annual -- No joining fee is assessed, and members enjoy a 5 percent discount off the monthly rate
In addition, platinum membership offers all the benefits of regular membership plus access to the Shaw Park aquatic center, tennis center and ice rink. Platinum membership is available only to members who opt for the annual membership.
The Center of Clayton Rates
Type Monthly* Annual Annual Platinum
Adult $40 $449 $599
Family $68 $779 $999
Senior (60+) $30 $339 $459
Youth (15-17) $26 $299 $399
*Monthly membership requires a one-time $25 joining fee.
Rooms are available to rent for department team meetings or retreats. In addition to accommodating business meetings and seminars, The Center offers team-building opportunities for groups of all sizes.
Health Literacy @ BJC
BJC Diabetes Resources